Earlier this week, ASUS took some time to go ahead and create a rather obscure video for what they will be presenting at this week's Computex 2012 showcase in Taipei, though they forgot to include anything relevant in the video. Nothing Android was mentioned, nothing Windows was mentioned though it did manage to spark much conversation about a dual-booting Android Windows 8 tablet.
As it seems now, it was to highlight their partnership with BlueStacks as the company has issued a press release fully announcing the partnership. BlueStacks, as you know if you read our review, enables over 450,000 Android apps to run on Windows PCs and now, ASUS will be leveraging that power for their own PC ventures and including BlueStacks within their @vibe platform.
"ASUS has created a phenomenal software experience on PCs. Launching with ASUS at Computex 2012 solidifies BlueStacks' leadership position as the sole provider of apps for consumer electronics and PC manufacturers worldwide," said Rosen Sharma, President and CEO of BlueStacks. "Our strong portfolio of apps from top developers, combined with our unique monetization engine makes this a revenue-generating opportunity for PC OEMs. This is a winning proposition for the entire PC ecosystem. App developers who have already built for Android can now just run their apps on Windows PCs through BlueStacks. We've done the heavy lifting for the benefit of all."
Together, ASUS and BlueStacks will be offering users of asus@vibe Android apps through their broad line of products including the ZenBooks, notebooks, Eee PCs, desktop PCs and All-in-one PCs. Pricing for it all seems rather wish washy at the moment as the press release notes, apps will be free for six months and then users can upgrade from there to unlimited apps and sync apps from phone to PC.
For those of you out there hoping for some other sort of news though, there is still some hope we suppose. This all could only be one portion of something greater, just don't get too bummed out if this happens to all it was in the end. You can jump below for the full press release from ASUS and BlueStacks.
Welcome to THG's Week in Review! Below, our staffers look back at the stories, stars and scandals that made the last seven days some of the craziest all year.
Now, a rundown of the week that was at The Hollywood Gossip:
- Reports of a zombie apocalypse (above) surfaced in Miami. Why?
- Rudy Eugene, possibly high on bath salts, ate a man's FACE.
- Astonishingly, Ronald Poppo survived the 18-minute attack.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West may be moving in together!
- Jessica Simpson's baby made her public magazine cover debut.
- Chris Hayes apologized after saying war dead aren't heroes.
- A jury found John Edwards not guilty.
- Justin Bieber fans absolutely flipped out as his tour rolled into Norway.
- Bieber himself suffered a concussion after being KO'd by a glass wall.
- He was also accused of battery by a photographer who's likely lying.
- Arie Luyendyk, Jr., has emerged as a favorite on The Bachelorette.
- How will he do? Check out these Bachelorette spoilers and see.
- Kalon McMahon? That guy's just kind of a douche.
- Madonna covered Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" ... but was it a diss?
- Jessica Sanchez kinda got screwed by her American Idol contract.
- Beyonce's weight loss was revealed: 60 pounds since January!
- Kelly Clarkson's weight loss: 30 pounds, but with no baby.
- This Michael Jackson letter to Lisa Marie Presley surfaced.
- Lindsay Lohan still owes a tanning salon a lot.
- Kathie Lee Gifford asked Martin Short how his (dead) wife is doing (above).
- Ridiculously Photogenic Girl lost 60% of her lung, but won our hearts.
- Should military moms breastfeeding in uniform be celebrated?
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd are dating.
- Christina Marinoni and Cynthia Nixon got married.
- Keira Knightley got engaged to James Righton.
- This kid's anti-gay song in church drew applause there, outcry elsewhere.
- Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore are NOT reconciling, despite rumors.
- Charlie Sheen is partying like a rock star warlock madman again.
- Brooke Mueller is back in rehab after temporarily joining her ex.
- Lolo Jones and Tim Tebow really should get together if you ask us.
- Lil Wayne is officially even more of a moron than we even knew.
- Someone awesome made a best-of "Call Me Maybe" lip dubs video:
What was the highlight of the week for you? Did we leave anything out?